Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Kicked/ Banned Protocol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rian

rian

Kicked/ Banned Protocol Empty
PostSubject: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Azazel wrote:

"You should only post if you have been banned. Please try to keep it civil, flaming and arguing wont help your case.

Try to be as polite as possible and explain when/why you was banned.

Only post if:

- You have been banned.
- You are the moderator that banned.

It's the full responsability of the moderator to sort out bans and decide whether or not the player deserves a second chance.
An Administrator will step in, if its needed.

*If you break the guidelines listed above, then your post will be deleted & If you continually spam, your rights to view this part of the forum will be removed".*

I don't agree that only the mod who banned the person should be allowed to post in the particular topic. If the mod who banned, after hearing a persons case, still thinks a ban should stay, then the accused have no other choice but to go to an admin. Point being, this I'm sure will happen frequently, as most server mods these days can not be trusted to make fair decisions. This was made perfectly in my previous topic under "Kicked/ Banned. (which has since been deleted)

I believe all mods, as their jobs are the same, should have the right to join the topic and discuss the situation with the accused, and the mod who banned, to try and fairly resolve the issue before having to involve an admin. Also, this way the majority can rule as to what is fair, not leaving the decision entirely up to the banning moderator.

Bottom line, moderators need to be trusted to do their jobs and fairly, currently most can not.

IMO.
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:22 pm

rian wrote:
Azazel wrote:

"You should only post if you have been banned. Please try to keep it civil, flaming and arguing wont help your case.

Try to be as polite as possible and explain when/why you was banned.

Only post if:

- You have been banned.
- You are the moderator that banned.

It's the full responsability of the moderator to sort out bans and decide whether or not the player deserves a second chance.
An Administrator will step in, if its needed.

*If you break the guidelines listed above, then your post will be deleted & If you continually spam, your rights to view this part of the forum will be removed".*

I don't agree that only the mod who banned the person should be allowed to post in the particular topic. If the mod who banned, after hearing a persons case, still thinks a ban should stay, then the accused have no other choice but to go to an admin. Point being, this I'm sure will happen frequently, as most server mods these days can not be trusted to make fair decisions. This was made perfectly in my previous topic under "Kicked/ Banned. (which has since been deleted)

I believe all mods, as their jobs are the same, should have the right to join the topic and discuss the situation with the accused, and the mod who banned, to try and fairly resolve the issue before having to involve an admin. Also, this way the majority can rule as to what is fair, not leaving the decision entirely up to the banning moderator.

Bottom line, moderators need to be trusted to do their jobs and fairly, currently most can not.

IMO.

Most of the moderators that I know of, can moderate very well here at TmX. Some of the most recent additions cannot unfortunatly, but I'm sure someone will fix that soon enough. The reason why I posted that sticky a long time ago, was the "kicked/banned" section of the forums was a laughing stock. Everyone would just chime in when it had nothing to do with them and it caused alot of drama, which made TmX look extremely bad. Re-read what I said in that sticky. I said an administrator will step in (if and only it's required) they wont do so, if the ban/kick is just, they will do so if the moderator has been unfair.
Back to top Go down
rian

rian

PostSubject: Re: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:54 pm

No need to re-read what you wrote, I got it the first time. As for your reply, I agree. In the case that Admins are available frequently, as to not have to put the issue off for an extended period of time before things get resolved.

Back to top Go down
Majid123

Majid123

PostSubject: Re: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 am

xrian, why ignore my question?

Do you know where Clermont is?
Back to top Go down
rian

rian

PostSubject: Re: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:55 am

Majid123 wrote:
xrian, why ignore my question?

Do you know where Clermont is?

lol I didn't ignore your question, I answered it. Yes, I know where Clermont is.
Back to top Go down
sineponev

sineponev

PostSubject: Re: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kicked/ Banned Protocol   Kicked/ Banned Protocol Empty

Back to top Go down

Kicked/ Banned Protocol
Page 1 of 1