Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Sound lag, need solutions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zemki

Zemki

Sound lag, need solutions Empty
PostSubject: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Sounds form both guns firing and ingame sounds from trigger words cause my game to lag up, either from it caching it or something.

I need solutions / suggestions to either minimize or eliminate this, but have little time to do extensive research myself );.
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Have you tried reinstalling? Or maybe update sound card drivers etc..
Back to top Go down
Zemki

Zemki

PostSubject: Re: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 pm

mkay, didn't take my reply.

Reinstalling was a consideration, not going to do it. It doesn't feel like the kind of problem that a reinstall would fix ( don't ask, it just seems that way).

I remember going through drivers 5-6 months back, cannot remember if I checked the sound, so will check it.

Add to this, any ideas of getting a router to not prioritize wireless connections? Seems like family connecting wirelessly have a defult higher bandwidth that overrides any that I'm allocated :\. Understandably, this makes for poor gaming, and generally degraded surfing for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:20 pm

did you try going in game and pressing f8 typing c, hitting space, then pressing enter? That and setting the nur (f8 n space enter) may do the trick, but i doubt it. Worth a shot anyway.
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:23 pm

I had a problem with my sound on ren about a month back it was caused by TS i think (not 100% sure but after using it majority of times it would fail audio in ren).. The only way I could fix that was by a system restore to a previous checkpoint or the day before, is that an option you would take?
Back to top Go down
Zemki

Zemki

PostSubject: Re: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Ha. I do that often enough, though I doubt I have a restore point going that far back. I've lived with this for some time, but it's gotten on my nerves abunch lately.

Anyway, did a rollback on the driver. I did update though I think it was to some generic driver. I'll test it all out later on.

and ew.. f8. f8's for boobs. ` is so much easier.
But cpo I don't think touches sound, just some simpler physics or something :s.
nur and sbbo I set to max/higher at join.

bigE:
Well it does seem that the driver I updated to was a generic. The rolled back driver does what I've been expecting.
Thanks for mentioning the driver, probably would have taken me a few days to get around to checking it otherwise :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sound lag, need solutions   Sound lag, need solutions Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound lag, need solutions
Page 1 of 1